|Detail from Malaysian Batu Caves|
Photo by carolynconner
Eight miles south of the caves is the city of Kuala Lumpur, the federal capital of Malaysia. Kuala Lumper is a large, vibrant, modern city that is surprisingly young, having been founded in the 1850s. Malaysia, meanwhile, is one of the fastest growing economies in Asia and is quickly becoming a high-tech wonder. Part of what fuels this is the city of Cyberjaya, a city about 18 miles (30 kilometers) south of Kuala Lumpur. Cyberjaya is a planned city that was designed to be the Silicon Valley of Malaysia, hence the name. Unsurprisingly, there are quite a few high-tech companies there and one of them, BetOnMarkets, is waving a work permit and relocation package in your general direction. Here's what they have to say about themselves:
|Petronus Twin Towers, Kuala Lumpur|
Photo by Shiva Kumar Khanal
Who we are
RMG Technology (M) Sdn. Bhd. is a MSC status company based in Cyberjaya, Malaysia. RMG Technology has been operating in Malaysia since 2006 and has a technical team of diverse nationalities, including people working in Malaysia as well as commuters in different parts of the world.
What we do
How it is to work with us
|Relaxing in the office|
How it is to live in Cyberjaya and Malaysia
Malaysia is a uniquely multi-ethnic society. It is one of the most exciting places to live in Asia, providing expats with a vast cultural experience as well as natural attractions such as beaches, jungles, and mountains. Cyberjaya is Malaysia's fast-growing e-commerce hub, located equidistant between the capital Kuala Lumpur and the international airport, from which you can explore a multitude of other Asian countries with the low-cost airline AirAsia.
What we are looking for
|Want to live here?|
Cyberview Gardens apartments
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about Linux and its nuts and bolts;
- You are comfortable with Perl code or know another scripting language that can help you pick it up. Take our word - there’s no escape from Perl here;
- You are familiar with technologies such as Apache, nginx, Git, Debian packaging, monitoring solutions and are comfortable learning new ones when needed;
- You can work as a part of a team of people as good as or better than you. You can take and provide criticism and build on the experience to build better solutions in the future;
- You are an independent thinker and can surprise yourself and the others with the new stuff you come up with;
- As a developer, you are familiar with the concepts of software quality assurance and can test your own and other’s code against best-practice standards.
What you are looking for
So after what we expect from you, here’s a list of the things you can expect from us:
- You can expect a competitive compensation package, including a range of benefits;
- A multi-national team of talented and passionate engineers;
- Friendly and casual working environment;
- Flexible working hours;
- We provide the option to provide you with housing or equal pay for you to get your own place;
- Canteen with refreshments for those times when you really need some;
- Working from home option on certain occasions/positions (not telecommuting).
For expats, we also offer relocation assistance, work permits, and dependency permits for family members.
Please visit http://www.regentmarkets.com/careers for further information.
How to apply
If you think you can be a good match for our company, drop us a line along with your resume by emailing Paul LeVarge at firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know you read about this at the Overseas Exile blog.
While not mandatory here’s a list of the things we might be really interested in:
- Projects you have been involved in;
- If you have any public repositories on places such as github, please provide a link to them;
- Contributions you might have made to open-source projects such as providing patches, new features, …
- Anything that gives us a better picture of who you are and what you do.