|Your author on a ferry to Dublin|
If you have questions about getting out, I can try to help, but please do understand that I have limited time. If you ask, please provide as much of the following information as you are willing:
- Your age.
- Your nationality and current location (you can be vague about the latter).
- Your parent and grandparent's nationality.
- Where you want to go ("anywhere" is a fine answer).
- Are you willing to consider alternative destinations?
- Your education background.
- Your real job skills. Be specific. IT skills could mean "I have 8 years of experience building enterprise-scale OLAP systems with Oracle and .Net". or "I installed a sound card on my mom's PC".
- Any language skills (including English, if it's not your native language)
- Any criminal convictions?
- Do you want to move abroad permanently?
- Family situation (just you, you and a partner, you, your partner and 12 children?)
- Financial situation.
From time to time I might ask if I can repost your email (and my response) to the mailbag. If you agree, I will anonymize your email and possibly make small edits to focus on the question at hand.